- The Red Mercury is the rarest of Austrian newspaper stamps (postage stamps issued for the mailing of newspapers).
- Red Mercury is a 2005 United Kingdom film starring Stockard Channing, Pete Postlethwaite, Juliet Stevenson, Ron Silver and David Bradley, and directed by Roy Battersby.
- Red mercury is a theoretical substance of uncertain composition purportedly used in the creation of nuclear bombs, as well as a variety of unrelated weapons systems.
- Having a consistency like that of water or oil, i.e., flowing freely but of constant volume
- existing as or having characteristics of a liquid; especially tending to flow; “water and milk and blood are liquid substances”
- the state in which a substance exhibits a characteristic readiness to flow with little or no tendency to disperse and relatively high incompressibility
- Having the clear shimmer of water
- Denoting a substance normally a gas that has been liquefied by cold or pressure
- a substance that is liquid at room temperature and pressure
Line Caught Pacific Swordfish – Whole Trade Bell Pepper Sauce
02/04/2013 " En Guard – Off Flash’n the Fish"
Pan Seared Line Caught Wild Pacific Swordfish, with Whole Trade Roasted Red Bell Pepper Coulis, Kale-Corn-Caramelized Onion- Red Bell Pepper Pasta.
After all that non-sense superbowl food, it’s time to eat a bit healthier. I was very fortunate my sister brought home some FRESH Wild Swordfish caught early in the morning. Simply can’t beat that, well, except maybe the mercury!
Swordfish is a nice meaty piece of fish. It doesn’t have a super high oil content, much like Chilean Sea Bass, and Salmon, so it does need to be carefully watched. Overcook it and you’ll have tough jerky for dinner.
Most seafood dishes require a nice acid bite to bring out the flavor of the fish. In this application, the flavor was enhanced with white wine, and a splash of apple cider vinegar to give it some bite. I started with a jar of roasted red peppers, and fresh bell peppers i had picked up earlier last week at work. The peppers are sweet, but the sweetness was also reinforced by caramelizing some onions, and adding some sugar. I also love this sauce with a hint of spice, so i added some pimente d’espelette. You’ll need a blender, blizter, or hand-blender/bazooka to pulverize this thing in the end.
1 tsp Olive Oil
1/2 Onion diced
1 jar Roasted Bell Pepper, roughly chopped
1 each Red Bell Pepper diced
1/2 TBL Sugar
Salt, to taste
1 tsp Pimente d’espelette
1/8 cup Cilantro
2 tsp Soy Sauce
1 TBL Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup water, more as needed
saute onion in oil on medium-low heat, allow to cook nice and slow, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Add bell peppers and continue to cook for about 5 minutes. Add wine, and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, then and add rest of ingredients, stir and turn to medium-low and allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes. Add more water if needed to keep from burning. There should be enough liquid just to rise a touch over the top of the ingredients, and no more than that. Use a hand-blender and puree the mixture. Check seasoning.
I’ve finally got a lightstand kit together, and have been researching how to properly use off camera flash… so after weeks of studying, i’ve finally gone out to do lab work! Very exciting, and very FUN!!!! I must admit, i didn’t know what the heck i was doing at first, but after reading and studying from strobist blogs, various books, and you tube videos, i’m off and gett’n my gear out with a firm understanding…. so off camera flash, here we go!!!
Off camera flash – left 9 – facing 6 – 45 degrees
Flash 1/2 power
14mm bounced of back wall
high speed sync
SEVEN MAGIC POINTS
this sculpture that is located right by the sea is made by a finnish artist and was placed there in 1994, and yes it is rusty, it’s made from solid iron.
this is also a longexpo, trying out the new filter:))
different kinda comp from me, a "in your face" fg, the sea came out smooth and like liquid mercury. to bad i couldn’t include more of the sea because of the low tide, that revealed seaweed heaven, nothing to take a picture of lol.
so i had to be creative, lol.
anyways, hope you like it?
thanks alot for stopping by leaving comments and faves:)) much appreciated.))
have a lovely day and evening:))